Free Pattern: Wine Flower Scarf

Here is my newest pattern
scarf knitted from one skein of worsted yarn

This project started with me going through my yarn stash and coming across a single skein of a pretty yarn by Knit Picks yarn company: Tonal Swish in worsted weight.
The yarn had a soft and lofty feel to it and was deliciously called "Wine Tasting".  Here is the yarn:

But I had only one skein, 100g, 220 yards. I think I bought it in one of my Knit Picks bulk purchases (if you send $50 they waive the shipping fee).  Can't do much with one skein... Or, can you?

Well, the rest is a history and the outcome is 

 Wine Flower Scarf Pattern

One skein of any  worsted yarn is all you need to make this pretty scarf.

Both ends of this scarf have an elaborate flower design, the body  is 1x1 ribbing. No sewing— quick project for a last minute present!


You can treat yourself to a more luxurious yarn for this project (you only need one skein - remember?)

Materials

Yarn:  KnitPicks Swish Tonal, 220 yards/100 gram hank, 100% Superwash Merino Wool

1 skein
Tools:  circular or straight needles, US8 (5 mm)
Gauge: 5 st x 7 rows in 1x1 ribbing stitch
Finished size: 6.5 x 38 inch 
Pattern is charted and written in words


 This pattern is available for free for my blog readers here

(you will need a PDF reader)

I hope you like it - I am really looking forward to hear what you think of this design!
Happy Knitting!

Natalia


Comments