Mini-entry: frustration

Every knitter knows the anxiety of not having enough yarn to finish the project, and boy it is frustrating!

Last night I was working on proof-knitting (kind of like a proof-reading :) of a baby set pattern that I showed you last time here. That pink and green set took 2 skeins of each color (KnitPicks  Shine in sports weight) - and I had some green left.

For this set I used the same needles, the same yarn, knitted in the same gauge and same size... but almost ran out of  yarn! I actually had to modify and make the sleeves mostly in white, not blue. See that little blue ball of yarn? That's all I have left for finishing, and I am pretty sure it will not be enough... FRUSTRATING! 
Is it possible that 2 skeins of the same yarn type would have such a difference in yarn length? That is the only reasonable explanation... 
So - I am increasing the yarn requirements in the pattern, just to make sure that other knitter will not have the unhappy feelings I had last night.

Happy knitting!
Natalia

6/15/2014
Update: a little white yarn left from another project and a bit of patience can fix anything!

 
 

Comments