Diagonal Lace Baktus


Baktus is a triangular scarf. This name/design was introduced on Ravelry by Strikkelise and now it is very popular because of its versatility and ease of knitting. There are a couple ways to knit Baktus (see here).


The version presented here is a reversible scarf with a diagonal lacey pattern.

I personally like the drape around the neck and chest it gives and can't wait for a fall to try it out with my jean jacket.

  The knitting starts with a provisional cast-on at the widest point of the triangular scarf and one half of the scarf is knitted. Then the stitches from the provisional cast-on are placed on the needle and the other half of the scarf is knitted in the other direction.

Materials:

The model as knitted:

Yarn: TLC® Wiggles™, 100% Acrylic 3.5 oz (100 g) • Approx. 250 yd (230 m), color: Peach

Needles: US 8 (6 mm)

OR
Yarn and needles of your choice: the possibilities are endless! I think my next one will be made out of hand-spun yarn with some funky inclusions…

 Size:

64 inch x 11 inch (widest point)  = 165 cm x 28 cm


Here is a scheme of the Diagonal Reversible Lace pattern: 


The instructions include charted pattern and written pattern.
Happy Knitting!


Comments

  1. Congratulations, now you have this design done! I like your diagonal pattern and the construction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anna - after our little exchange of comment I kept thinking about this construction and playing with patterns. have couple more in works :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your beautiful pattern. It's so nice to get a pattern for accessible and affordable yarn!!! I can't wait to knit one for the upcomming winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice of you to share the pattern! It's beautiful! I will add it to my "hope to knit this one someday" list! Salamat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This pattern is tricky to get; there are two separate stitch sequences for the decreases and the pattern. So, I made a chart in Excel which made it all easy! I’m happy to share it:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/gfvylo0m7lrfssk/Row%20Usage%20Chart--Diagonal%20Baktus.pdf?dl=0

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment