Reversible Lace Baby Blanket Pattern release



Not too long ago I was an expecting mother. Like any expecting mother who knits I made a couple of beautiful baby blankets. Then I became a new mother and very much sleep deprived for 2 years. When you are in that state, the last thing you need is another annoyance, right? It seems like every time I would use the baby blanket it would end up “wrong side up”. Seems petty but when you are sleep deprived nothing is little.

 The design of this blanket came from memories of those feelings: it is very pretty, lacy, soft and 100% reversible!

Once you cast off your stitches you yourself will have a hard time telling the “right” side from “wrong.” Less stress is a good thing, right? (and the best present for that friend of yours... :))




Note:
Pattern is written in words and charted.
Blanket can be made bigger or smaller by adjusting number of pattern repeats.
Same Reversible Lace Pattern can be used for afghans, scarves, stoles or bedspreads

Happy Knitting!



Here are the specs:

Materials
Size: 30 x 28 inches (76x x72 cm)
Gauge: 16 sts and 16 rows is about 4 x 4 inches in pattern
Yarn: Bulky / 12 ply (7 wpi), 9 oz (250 g), 500 yards (460 m)
Suggested acrylic or cotton yarn
Tools: Size 7 (4.5 mm), stitch marker


The cost: US $3.50

You can buy it as a download from Raverly (PayPal):




Comments

  1. I'm a fairly new knitter but I've done some lace projects and really want to try the reversible lace baby baby. I bought the pattern. The chart shows 15 rows but the written instructions show 17 rows. The blanket instructions say to repeat the lace pattern 8 times for a total of 128 knitted rows. Can you please tell me how to get to the 128 rows? I appreciate your help!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    Row 17 in written pattern says: repeat from row 1. So written patten and charted pattern have 16 (total) rows repeat.
    As for 128 rows: 16 rows x 8 repeats = 128 rows.
    Happy top help!
    Natalia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a new knitter and can knit simple scarves but have never made anything from a pattern before. I would love to make this for my niece but worry that it may be too complicated for a beginner. Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment