I am in love with cobwebs...

Last week I finished a birthday present for my sister-in-law. Here it is: lace scarf knitted in slightly non-traditional Orenburg lace style. Traditional knitters will use garter stitch:  the stitches will be knitted on both right and wrong sides of the lace. I did this one in stockinette: knitted on RS, purled on wrong. Yarn used was "Bare" lace weight by KnitPicks.
 The yarn is rather fine: 880 yards in 100 g (3.5 oz), knitted on US8 size needles ( 5 mm)


And now look at that:



The same pattern, same number of stitches but different yarn - and what a difference!!!
The blue version is done in a cobweb weight yarn by Colourmart: ~3000 yards in 100 g, needles US 3.25 (3 mm). The yarn is just exquisite: silk, cashmere, merino blend, very delicate!

I am in love with cobwebs, but I think I need to knit a sweater in worsted weight before I will be ready for a next piece!

Comments